Saturday, April 14, 2012

PROKOFJEW: Die Liebe Zu Drei Orangen (09.04.2012, Komische Oper Berlin)

Komische Oper Berlin, Die Liebe zu drei Orangen, Foto: Monika Rittershaus


Die Liebe zu drei Orangen

Oper in vier Akten und einem Prolog von Sergej S. Prokofjew 
Libretto vom Komponisten
Deutsche Übertragungvon Jürgen Beythien und Eberhard Sprink



//////////////////

I should go to Komische Oper more often...

Ok, this production is very interesting... The show that I watched that night is very-very family friendly. I'm not quite sure, if that's supposed to be so, Easter holiday and stuff but... whatever....


Musically there's not so much WOW that night. Cast were saved by the laugh and fun ride of the opera itself. Wicked characters, simple comedy, oh the magic of opera! Oh and the wardrobe! A bit like Alice in Wonderland - of course - always so in the stories involving prince and princess love thing. 


The choir did a very good job. I personally think that, so far from all the plays that I've watched in Berlin, this is the first time I saw the choir played a big part in the opera. 


Salute to Prokofjew! One comment more: Pure joy while watching! Feast to the eye! 

Did I mention the interior of Komische Oper is simply fantastic? IT IS!!


Rating: 8/10




No comments:

Post a Comment